- Budget Requirements Must Be Met. Many openings must be hired by year end to get fast start in January.
- Everyone Else is Lying Low. Fewer candidates means less resumes and applicants emailing and calling to follow-up equals more attention for the active applicant.
- Lots more Networking opportunities to mention a job search and for follow-up.
- Use holidays as an ice breaker to open conversations.
- Reestablish connections with former coworkers, bosses, college roommates, buddies, neighbors, the soccer coach, recruiters.
- Recruiters Are Watching Out for Clients’ End-of-Year Hiring Needs and New Applicants.
- Seasonal work is abundant. This leads to new, unexpected connections. Plus, temporary jobs are an avenue to full-time employment. And there is money to be earned to meet expenses.
Clients & Plaintiffs: Take advantage of the holidays in a job search. This is a unique opportunity to move a job search forward to get hired.
See More Detailed Tips and Strategies in These Posts: